The river ferry Severn Princess, which served the Beachley to Aust route at the junction of the rivers Severn and Wye, seems to have a brighter future ahead of her despite looking to have been abandoned on the banks of the Wye at Chepstow. Built in 1959, she found her way to Ireland after leaving service in 1966, but a restoration group brought her back in 1999.

Although a considerable amount of work is to be done on the vessel and she will never be able to go to sea again, the group hope that she will be part of a maritime exhibition on the banks of the River Wye in 2012. She was built at the Yorkshire Drydock Co in Hull.